Member Job Postings
- 371 VISITS
- 24 LIKES
Hannah Solar Government Services
Brief Job Description
- Entry level position primarily focused on 2D drafting in AutoCAD and construction support
- first serve as an Assistant Project Manager under an experienced Solar PV Project Manager to gain experience for 3-9 months before assuming the role of Solar PV Project Manager.
Typical office work schedule is 8:30 AM to 5 PM Monday -Friday. Typical onsite work schedule is 7:00 AM to 4 PM Monday –Friday. Occasional work and or travel on weekend. Position requires extensive travel throughout the US and overseas which is often greater than 80% of the time or more. Job hours may exceed 40 hours per week when traveling and working on construction sites.
Oversee, assist, and perform duties that are required for all construction work as assigned and including project estimates, contractor coordination, project management, labor, testing, commissioning, training and close out documentation required to install Solar Photovoltaic (PV) systems, Electrical Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations and emergency backup generators.
- Serves as the construction Project Manager on-site at construction projects
- Ensures that proper permits as required by law to carry out work on construction projects are obtained
- Studies blueprints and schematics and determines methods, materials, and equipment needed to complete the assignment
- Ensures all company equipment on site and at the company warehouse are cleaned and lubricated. Ensures the proper records on equipment status and maintenance are completed
- Inspects and evaluates electrical equipment to ensure that it operates efficiently and safely; determines whether equipment and new installations meet local, state and federal standards
- Ensures the materials needed for most frequently occurring repair work, prepares requisitions, and monitors inventory
- May assist in training junior project managers and others
- Performs related work as assigned
- Develops plans and estimates for projects; includes determining time, equipment, and human and material resources needed to complete the work
- Coordinates for the ordering and delivery of construction materials to the job site
- Coordinates for security access badges for military base access to the job site for all subcontractor employees, company employees and temporary labor on the job site
- Coordinates for lodging and transportation for all company employees working at remote job sites
- Conductions all coordination with the General Contractor and/or government/facility owner before, during and after construction
- Represents the company at all on site meetings with the general contractor and/or government/facility owner
- Travels as needed to participate in and represent the company for pre and post construction coordination meetings with the at the General Contractor and/or government/facility owner before and after construction
- Have completed and maintains currency for the OSHA 30 hour safety program
- Coordinate inspections for contractor performed work in new construction projects as part of the Quality Improvement Team
- Solves construction problems and re-design systems as needed on the job site that may require preparing and submitting new AutoCAD drawings to the company, General Contractor and/or Government/Facility owner
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Training
- Requires extensive management experience. Construction management trade experience is preferred. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Requires at least four years of experience in management leading a team of military personnel, or subcontractors or laborers. Solar PV Installation Experience preferred, not required.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Equipment, & Other
- Basic ability to understand documents, define problems and draw valid conclusions
- Requires knowledge and skill in the use of forklifts, man lifts, and hand and power tools required in the related trade
- Requires ability to perform math computations needed in trade; ability to read blueprints; basic building code knowledge as it relates to work in the related trade
- Operating knowledge of work order management system and e-mail software
- Required to work overtime on both a scheduled and an emergency basis
- Subject to after-hours recall. English language skills required
- Experience in construction management. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent social skills.
- Military experience (Veteran) is highly desirable as most of the company work is conducted on military bases.
General Job Duties
- Generate construction drawing packages/sketches/as-builts using AutoCAD
- General arrangement / layout drawings
- Section and elevation drawings
- Construction details
- Single and three line diagrams
- Maintain AutoCAD templates and libraries
- Provide sales department with preliminary concept drawings and technical assistance
- Track material quote data from manufacturers and distributors
- Maintain material pricing libraries
- Occasional site visit to gain field data (10% Travel)
Desired Skills, Knowledge, & Other:
- Familiar with Engineering and Design work flow
- Familiar with reading and interpreting code specifically the NEC
- Familiar with issuing drawing revisions and document control
- OSHA certifications
- Military Background
- 2 years of work experience or degree/certification in 2D drafting using CAD software
- 2 years of work experience or degree/certification using standard drafting techniques
- Common software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe
$45,000-$65,000 Annual Salary + Annual Bonus
How to Apply
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting End Date
Mar 15, 2017