Cultivating, Inspiring and Challenging our Region’s Leaders
For more than 43 years, the Chamber has offered Leadership Charleston, a 10-month program offering an intensive and up-close look at the most challenging issues and opportunities facing our region – Leadership Charleston engages participants in the experiences that they need to lead in. Through community immersion and interactions with diverse leaders, Leadership Charleston is cultivating leaders and igniting the advancement of the Charleston metro.
Tuition for the Class of 2018 is $2,850. If accepted into the program, attendance is mandatory for the orientation that will be held in early September. There is a non-refundable $35 application fee. Once you click “apply now” and submit the application fee, the application will be sent to you.
Five Reasons to Apply:
- Expand your leadership capacity
through immersion into the realities
and opportunities of our community
- Collaborate with the region’s top
community leaders and organizations
- Develop deep relationships with
a network of diverse colleagues
- Gain valuable insight into the most
challenging issues facing our region
- Ignite change in our region
What you Need to Know:
- Demonstrate leadership in his/her community
- Have an interest in furthering his/her knowledge about the Charleston Metro Area and community leadership
- Commit to full participation in the Leadership Charleston program. The program requires a major time commitment; please be sure you can make this commitment before applying.
- You will also be required to attend a mandatory orientation on September 6-7, 2017 at the Kiawah Island Golf Resort.
- Applicants to Leadership Charleston will be expected to become active participants in advancing the community and making a positive contribution to Charleston County post-graduation
- Submit your application electronically through the Chamber website no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 15. Applications sent after this deadline will not be accepted for this year’s selection.
- You will receive confirmation of receipt within 48 hours of sending your application. If you do not receive confirmation, please follow up by email to email@example.com to verify your application was sent correctly.
- A letter of endorsement must be received by June 15. This should be completed by your company Chief Executive or local area executive. This can be uploaded with your application or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Leadership Charleston Letter of Endorsement.
- Upon acceptance, a headshot and profile information will be required.
- You will need to supply an email address that Leadership Charleston can use to communicate important program information throughout the class year. The class will also utilize social platforms for communication (google forms, slack etc.)
All completed applications will be reviewed by the Leadership Charleston steering committee during a blind process.
- Applications Open- May 15-June 15
- Select 2018 Class Participants- early July 2017
- Notify All Applicants by email of the steering committee decision- late July 2017
- Payment of Tuition required upon acceptance and before August 31
- Press Release announcing Leadership Charleston participants September 2017
Leadership Charleston class size is limited. If you are not accepted into this class you are encouraged to reapply for an upcoming Leadership Charleston program.