- 1,500 VISITS
- 44 LIKES
Leadership Charleston has officially kicked off it’s 42nd year of identifying and developing leaders in our community, producing over 2000 graduates that have become leaders in local, regional and global industries, legislative appointments and civic stewardship.
The new class began their 2-day retreat on Tuesday, September 8, at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort. For the next 10 months, the group will meet monthly to hear from engaging speakers and visit various community assets, including schools, hospitals, the Port of Charleston, military facilities, and a trip to the S.C. Statehouse.
Upon completion of Leadership Charleston, each participant will have:
- Strengthened leadership abilities
- Refined skills that can increase organizational effectiveness and efficiency
- Access to an informed network of diverse colleagues
- Exposure to a variety of regional leaders
- An understanding of the realities, opportunities and challenges of our region
- An opportunity to position their business as an organization committed to improving the community
- An opportunity to become involved with and bring about positive change in our community