After the Program– Leadership Alumni
Graduates of the Leadership Charleston program are invited to continue their Leadership Charleston experience by participating as an Alumni member. The Alumni organization will remain an active and vital part of the ongoing advocacy issues facing the region. The program’s vision is to serve as the catalyst for progressive and effective leadership in the community. The Leadership Charleston Alumni Organization is open to anyone who has completed the year-long Leadership Charleston program.
There are over 1,900 graduates of Leadership Charleston, representing all facets of the community, with members from the public sector, private businesses of all sizes, and the non-profit sector. The mission is to positively impact our community by connecting and inspiring leadership in the region. The Alumni organization will expose members to other community leaders who are interested in continuing to contribute to the community and the Chamber. Leadership Alumni have the ability to meet and address critical community issues, provide opportunities for members to network and plan community involvement.
Those active in the Leadership Charleston Alumni organization will contribute to the betterment of the region through its diverse network of educated, socially responsible and engaged civic leaders. The association will ensure the goals of the Leadership Charleston program are being accomplished and provide a next-level experience for Alumni and make a positive impact on Charleston.
Leadership Charleston Alumni organization enables graduates to:
- Continue relationships formed during the program as well as helps to encourage networking between emerging and established leaders
- Remain informed on community and county wide issues
- Assist in designing future leadership programs
- Provide connecting opportunities for graduates of the program to maintain and enhance their relationships with each other and the community
- Actively work to advance the community through advocacy on key issues
- Provide a greater understanding and a broader perspective of key issues in Charleston
- Increase the understanding of community needs and appreciation of the role community history plays in current decision-making