Member Job Postings
- 214 VISITS
- 3 LIKES
You Are Reading
Journeyman Electrician – Hannah Solar Government Services
Hannah Solar Government Services
Brief Job Description
- This Engineering, Procurement and Construction(EPC) renewable energy company has been awarded commercial and government contracts for the design and construction of solar systems/electrical vehicles charging stations at federal facilities across the US & Puerto Rico. This rapidly growing company needs to quickly expand capabilities and is looking for an innovative and motivated new licensed Journeyman Electrician.
- Have to first serve as an Assistant Project Manager under an experienced Solar PV Project Manager to gain experience for 3-9 months before assuming the role of Solar PV Project Manager.
- Typical work schedule is 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM Monday -Friday
- Occasional work and or travel on weekend
- Position requires extensive travel throughout the US and the Caribbean which is often greater than 75% of the time or more
- Job hours may exceed 40 hours per week when traveling and working on construction sites
- Oversee, assist, and perform duties that are required for all construction work as assigned and including project estimates, contractor coordination, project management, labor, testing, commissioning, training and close out documentation required to install Solar Photovoltaic (PV) systems, Electrical Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations and emergency backup generators.
- Assist with and perform electrical requirements on and off of Solar Photovoltaic (PV) systems and Electrical Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations project sites. Requirements may include assisting with project estimates, coordinating project activities with contractors, and performing the labor on the job sites.Serves as the Journeyman electrician on-site at construction projects.
- Remain current with US National Electrical, State and local electrical codes.
- Studies blueprints and schematics and determines methods, materials, and equipment needed to complete the assignment
- Connects wires to plugs, switches, controls, light fixtures, motors, Solar PV Panels, Disconnects, Fuses, breaker panels, and switchboards
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from wire leads, twisting, clamping, and/or soldering leads together and applying insulating terminal caps using a variety of hand tools; makes underground waterproof splices
- Tests installations to check and insure continuity of the circuit, and the compatibility and safety of all components using test equipment such as an ohmmeter, ammeter, voltmeter, oscilloscope, or battery buzzer
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit, junction, switch, outlet boxes, and switch boards using hand tools and such special equipment as mechanical drills, cutters, benders, and threaders
- Cleans and lubricates equipment, and maintains records on equipment status and maintenance
- Inspects and evaluates electrical equipment to ensure that it operates efficiently and safely; determines whether equipment and new installations meet requirement of the National Electrical Code
- Pulls wire through conduit
- Determines materials needed for most frequently occurring repair work, prepares requisitions, and monitors inventory
- Cleans and maintains tools and performs routine maintenance on special equipment used in electrician’s work
- May assist in training lower-level apprentice Electricians and others
- Performs related work as assigned
- Perform maintenance repair and troubleshooting for electrical systems and apparatus
- Respond to emergency power failures and emergency back-up systems
- Monitor and test various electrical systems
- Coordinate inspections for contractor performed work in new construction projects as part of the Quality Improvement Team
- Locate electrical underground wiring for various projects
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Training
- Requires high school diploma or GED plus vocational or technical training, after high school, or equivalent experience, resulting in Journeyman level expertise in the electrical trade. Must be a licensed Journeyman Electrician in some state and successfully complete the South Carolina electrical journeyman exam if not yet licensed in South Carolina.
EXPERIENCE: Requires at least five years of experience in commercial electrical installation, construction, maintenance, and preventative maintenance.
- Requires at least four years of experience in management leading a team of military personnel, or subcontractors or laborers. Solar PV Installation Experience preferred, not required.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Equipment, & Other
- Basic ability to understand documents, define problems and draw valid conclusions. Requires knowledge and skill in the use of forklifts, man lifts, and hand and power tools required in the related trade. Requires ability to perform math computations needed in trade; ability to read blueprints; basic building code knowledge as it relates to work in the related trade. Operating knowledge of work order management system and e-mail software. Required to work overtime on both a scheduled and an emergency basis. Subject to after-hours recall. English language skills required. Experience in construction management. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Excellent social skills. Have completed the OSHA 10 hour safety program.
- Military experience (Veteran) is highly desirable as most of the company work is conducted on military bases.
General Job Duties
- Generate construction drawing packages/sketches/as-builts using AutoCAD
- General arrangement / layout drawings
- Section and elevation drawings
- Construction details
- Single and three line diagrams
- Maintain AutoCAD templates and libraries
- Provide sales department with preliminary concept drawings and technical assistance
- Track material quote data from manufacturers and distributors
- Maintain material pricing libraries
- Occasional site visit to gain field data (10% Travel)
Desired Skills, Knowledge, & Other:
- Familiar with Engineering and Design work flow
- Familiar with reading and interpreting code specifically the NEC
- Familiar with issuing drawing revisions and document control
- OSHA certifications
- Military Background
- 2 years of work experience or degree/certification in 2D drafting using CAD software
- 2 years of work experience or degree/certification using standard drafting techniques
- Common software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe
How to Apply
Please email resume to email@example.com
Posting End Date
Mar 15, 2017