CYP is THE resource for young professionals in the Charleston area.
We facilitate connections between each other, businesses and opportunities in the community. Make sure to check out our list of resources or visit our Facebook page for volunteer opportunities for young professionals.
We are also the voice for young professionals in Lowcountry and we are working on addressing differences between generations. We will educate both young professionals and those in other generations about each other and how to achieve cohesive workplaces with the work-life balance young professionals desire.
We are working to change workplaces by creating flexible schedules, training opportunities, and benefit packages desired by YPs.
Community Resource Links
Articles of Interest
- Entrepreneur: A New Source of Support and Inspiration for Young Entrepreneurs
- Fast Company: How it Works as a New College Grad
- PR Daily: How are Millenials Coping with the Dreary Economy
- PR Daily: Study: 30 Percent of Millenials Use Cell Phones to Avoid Human Interaction
- Inc.: Is GenY a Teacup Generation?
- CNBC: “Millenials: Lazy Workers or Champions of Work/Life Balance?”
- Post & Courier: “Generational Differences Pose Challenges”
- Media Post Blog: “Gen X and Millenials Driving Recovery”
- Time Magazine : “Generation Next”
- Post & Courier: “Time Off is a Priority for Gen Y, Study Says”
- Insurance Ecosystem: “Young Agents Speak Out on Generation Differences and Technology Needs”