Advancing the Region’s Economy – Enhancing a diverse regional economy and focusing on job growth initiatives to ensure a sustainable economic climate.
The area's economic mix is diverse, combining one of the busiest container ports along the Southeast and Gulf coasts, a $3 billion visitor industry, one of the Southeast's most impressive medical hubs, a well-established base of national and international manufacturers, as well as a large military presence. Arts, recreational and cultural opportunities are abundant, including museums, music, dance and theater, as well as water sports, golf, hunting, fishing, horseback riding and more.
The region is fast becoming a recognized hot spot for new business investment, while also offering the national beauty, world-class culture and historic charm that have made the area a world-recognized tourist destination. With a plentiful supply of skilled workers, access to the global marketplace through its logistics and transportation system and a diverse portfolio of location opportunities, the Charleston region offers the right combination for business.
No One Knows Charleston the Way We Do!
The Charleston Metro Chamber staff can help you find answers to all your questions about doing business in the Charleston Region.
• An overview of business, and life, in Charleston and the surrounding region
• Comprehensive and detailed information on what's available in commercial real estate and a strong network of brokers and property managers throughout the region
• The best in research and data on all aspects of Charleston
• Contacts and tips for working with local and state government
• Access to business leaders who know the community
• Fast, personal and confidential service
• And a network of strategic allies who understand the questions you have, and the services you need, during the business relocation or expansion process.